Craft Beer Menu From the Spring of 2011
T.G.I. Friday’s tapped into microbrews with several new dishes inspired by beer .
The more than 900-unit casual-dining chain also started offering, for the first time, a lineup of craft beers that varies by state, including such regional favorites as Fat Tire, Harpoon, Shipyard, Goose Island and Magic Hat.
Friday’s new items included:
- Black Angus Brew House Steak: An 8-ounce flat-iron steak is marinated in a brine of beer and citrus and is then grilled and served with a craft beer sauce, potato salad and buttered summer green beans.
- Parmesan-Crusted Crab Flounder: Pan-seared fish fillets are flavored with beer, then topped with deviled crabmeat and Parmesan breadcrumbs and served with sides of jasmine rice pilaf and buttered summer green beans.
- Ale House Baby Back Ribs: Baby back pork ribs are grilled with beer, glazed with a Jack Daniels barbecue sauce and served with sides of potato salad and buttered summer green beans.
- Dijon-Crusted Beer Chicken: Chicken fillets are marinated in craft beer and lightly breaded with seasoned breadcrumbs. The dish is served with a tossed salad of mixed greens and grape tomatoes drizzled with a Caesar vinaigrette.
- Ale House Shrimp and Chips appetizer: Beer-battered broccoli, sliced red peppers and Cajun-spiced shrimp are served on home-style potato chips with cucumber-wasabi ranch dip and a stout-beer remoulade sauce.
- Guinness Stout: A Guinness Stout beer is blended with chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream and topped with whipped cream, for adults.
- Mandarin Dreamsicle: Orange liqueur is added to an orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream shake that’s topped with mandarin oranges and whipped cream, for adults.
- Ice Cream Strawberry Shortcake: The non-alcoholic dessert is topped with two scoops of vanilla ice cream, fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
These were LTO's (Limited Time Only) item so some of the dishes are not currently on the menu.